Thursday 15 May 2014

Group D

Well here we go with Group D. Lets start with England. I applaud the squad Roy Hodgson has picked and go to the tournament full of hope that we can progress through the group. However I feel as though we just dont have the quality ( and havent done for a while) to be amongst the top rank in World Football. Lack of home grown talent and too many foreign players within the Premier League have restricted our progress as a footballing nation for many years. I genuinely hope we can qualify from a tough group but my head has to rule my heart and say we will find it extremely difficult. Italy are renowned slow starters but I feel they may have enough to pip us from the group. Whilst I can see a draw in the opener versus England I think they are stronger in defence than England and that may ultimately see them through. Uruguay have obvious quality up front and can see them scoring goals. They will be used to the conditions better than the Europeans and although they may not be as strong in defence, I believe the firepower of Suarez and Cavani will be vital to their cause. Finally Costa Rica have some good individual talent and whilst Im sure they will prove stern resistance in all 3 games I just dont think they have the all round team to qualify from a tough group. Last word goes to England and I wish Roy Hodgson and the squad all the best for the tournament and I will be cheering them on with a cold beer or two praying we dont get in a penalty shoot-out scenario!!!

Danger Men

England - Raheem Sterling- A precocious young talent who could set England alight with his electric pace

Italy - Mario Balotelli - Love him or hate gifted and capable of winning games on his own if in the mood

Uruguay - Luis Suarez - Obvious choice for me. In the bracket of worlds best strikers. Awesome talent

Costa Rica - Bryan Ruiz - Dangerous front man with pace


To Qualify

Italy
Uruguay



No comments:

Post a Comment